Choosing an Outdoor Water Fountain
Posted by on
Thinking about adding a relaxing outdoor water fountain to your patio or garden? Bob Vila has some great tips to help you decide which one.
Also important to consider:
- Many solar fountains function only while the sun is shining. However, some are available with an On-Demand feature which allows solar energy to be stored in a battery for use after dark.
- Most pumps will continue to run if the water level gets low. This can cause the pump to burn out. NEW Dry Run Protection Pump Technology is now available. It will automatically shut off the fountain to save the life of your pump if water runs low.
- Fountains generally recycle water so they do not need to be connected to a water source. For less maintenance, you can connect to an auto-fill water system.
- You can make your own fountain with a DIY kit.
- Fountain covers can protect your fountain in the winter when not in use. (Always empty water from your fountain before freezing temperatures move in!)